Goals & Objectives
With reference back to the Brand Guidelines, it is clear that all goals and objectives have been met throughout this project. The re-branding strategy and 3D store simulation on SketchUp has been designed with appropriate VM choices made accordingly to the brand value, identity and positioning, as well as taking into consideration the market needs.
GRACE’s brand value is communicated by engaging the consumer into a unique emotional experience by displaying products through an all-inclusive styling approach. Allowing the consumer to build emotional attachments to products by viewing them as a completed look. This also creates an inspirational connection to the products, and a relaxed atmosphere is created, designed to remove the commonly associated stresses of wedding planning.
The GRACE pop-up communicates the brand identity showing elegance and attention to detail with a highly feminine and romantic theme through the use of meticulous product and prop placement. With a minimalist set-up balanced with the right amount of tangible products, the brand influences it’s high-quality response whilst the consumer is in a relaxed and comfortable environment where they feel able to interact with goods.
The colour scheme shown through the flower wall, POS, furniture and fixtures promotes femininity and sophistication, and ensures consistency across all platforms whilst establishing a stronger, more recognisable brand.
Little details such as the mirrored and gold faces of the cubes, floral arrangements inside fixture stands, hidden product placement, and product stands using cohesive materials translates a strong physical representation of the brand’s persona.
The consumer journey is extremely relevant to increasing sales and satisfaction as it provides a logical route around the store to expose the consumer to the maximum number of products and provide a thorough brand experience. The GRACE pop-up is always merchandised into 3 areas to optimise the consumer journey and allow the consumer to feel relaxed and calm when moving around the store.
The three key areas are:
- Consultation/Cash Desk
- Fitting Rooms
Consequently, to engage best with the GRACE experience a sales associate must guide through from area 1-3 and curate for the customer; the role is essential in creating a seamless luxury experience (WGSN, 2013).
In-line with GRACE’s new competitors, the pop-up has maintained a ‘high-street feel’ by placing the retail area at the front of the store, which allows consumers to instantly feel at ease in a recognisable, comfortable environment.
The luxury factor has been incorporated into the consultation and fitting area by using spacious design and elegant props, a minimalist product display and presentation throughout the store also contributes to the high-end feel. The consultation area is equipped with an iPad and style books to aid the initial process of discussing the bride’s inspiration behind her wedding look. The subtle inclusion of technology allows the consumer to easily show her Pintrest/online inspiration and adheres to the target market’s digitally-savvy lifestyle.
Logo & POS
The GRACE logo is placed on the front of the till and corresponds to the standards set in the brand guidelines. When printed in gold against the white background and marble border it promotes elegance, femininity, and complements the surrounding visuals. The logo is only present on the desk and on packaging so it complements the high-end and luxurious vibe of the brand.
POS materials reflect the colour, typography and illustration/graphic themes originally stated in the brand guidelines. The abstract art element establishes an inspirational and luxurious atmosphere by rejecting the traditional loud and commercial style product/price call-outs commonly seen in low-end retailers. The close-up textural fabric shots also adds and inspirational theme and engages the consumer by appealing to their senses.
Fixtures and VM concepts have been designed to be…
- Fully mobile to ease the transition when moving locations with the use of wheels and easy set-ups/dismantling procedures.
- Flexible in terms of adapting to new spaces which provides a higher utility function when moving into smaller/awkwardly-shaped retaill spaces.
- Multi-functional displays (the ability to present apparel, accessories and footwear) which provides visual inspiration and high utility.
- The below image shows how the agile concept of the pop-up can be translated from a large space into a much smaller one without losing the core values and identity of the GRACE brand.
- The consumer can consequently expect the same delivery of information, products and look and feel from whichever site they choose to visit.
- Visual appeal through clear layout divisions, colour coordination, attention to detail, luxurious product placement and merchandising technique.
- Scented flowers immersing a new dimension upon the consumer, with floral romantic notes of roses and orange blossom to give a romantic and warm effect.
- Tactile furnishings throughout the store from soft silk flowers to cool hard marble to natural textural wood, which gives the consumer a range of dimensions to engage with.
- Soft music will be played in-store to engage the consumer, using a mixture of chilled music from unique and upcoming acoustic artists to reflect the individual taste of consumers and serve as another form of inspiration. This form of music will provide a relaxed and pleasent environment and encourage the consumer to spend time browsing.
- The hanging lights in the fitting room area provide a flattering warm light, giving a romantic and welcoming effect.