Materials must link back to brand guidelines and create a sense of natural beauty, light, modernity and femininity:
- Cultured marble (cheaper alternative to marble yet still durable and aesthetically very similar) (Countertops FAQ, n.d.)
- Reflective materials – gold metal, mirrors
These materials will contribute to the experiential retail concept as they comprise of a wide range of textures and visuals, cool smooth marble, reflective shiny metal, textural organic plywood, soft delicate flowers, hard modern perspex, rough wicker and plush cosy rugs.
Initial concept to start out with a generic average store size and space.
- Fixture materials: Plywood
- 2 x 3.60m x 3.30m
- 1 x 3.30m x 3.30m
- 1 x 2.80m x 3.96m (stairs)
- Made from plywood – light, strong, cheap (Homeguides, n.d.) – durability is essential due to the constant movement of the pop-up.
- Fixture materials: Plywood, fake flowers, plexi, gold metal, curtain fabric, wheels and wheel lock system.
- 2 x 3.30 x 2.50
- 2 x 1.46m x 2.50 (Stair walls with cut out)
- Plywood to match platform blocks.
- Wall dividers to connect via corner grooves and stabilised by hinge partitions.
- Fake flowers attached onto plywood – flowers to be same colours as colour scheme set out in brand guidelines – Spray fake flowers with artificial flower scent spray (roses and apricot blossom) to gently diffuse a romantic and pleasant scent around the store. This contributes to the GRACE store by immersing the consumer in a unique and stand-out shopping experience.
- Clear perspex shelving on step wall – lighter, safer and more durable than glass should walls be dropped in transit (attached by floating shelf brackets).
- Designed to hold accessories and lead the consumer to the changing room area, good for add-on sales and reminding the consumer of any accessories they may have forgotten to pick up whilst shopping.
- Shelving attached using floating shelf brackets to give a cleaner finish and easy set-up/take down.
- Blocks of wood on bottom of dividers with hidden wheels for easy transportation – wheel lock on side for stability.
- Changing room curtains in muted navy to be held up with metallic gold poles to match with colour scheme.
- Fixture materials: perspex, gold metal, fake flowers, wheels, wheel lock system
- All rails to have clear base cube with internal flowers to give consistency and reflect the feminine values of GRACE.
- Made from clear perspex, metallic gold metal and fake flowers in custom pink to match colour scheme to reflect feminine and romantic identity of brand.
- Metallic gold to be a recurrent theme throughout store to give consistency and exude elegance and sophistication.
- 2 wheels at the bottom of the base cube to allow easy movement.
- Wheel lock on sides to provide stability.
Overhead Shelf Rail
- Fixture materials: plywood, gold metal, base cube.
- Rail to show 2-3 dress styles (depending on pop-up size) to stay in-keeping with the minimalist and elegant theme.
- Display only 3-4 quantities of each dress style to give the consumer a comfortable ‘retail’ style shopping experience without overcrowding the rail and appearing too low-end.
- Use overhead shelf to display co-ordinating shoes with dresses to appeal to the stylistic aspect of GRACE.
- Fixture materials: gold metal, plywood, base cube.
- Developed from basic Overhead Shelf Rail to display hanging garments and accessories on table/shelf feature.
- Place this fixture carefully as it takes up the most room.
- T-frame to show 2-4 dress styles (depending on pop-up size) to stay in-keeping with the minimalist and elegant theme.
- Display only 3-5 quantities of each dress style to give the consumer a comfortable ‘retail’ style shopping experience without overcrowding the rail and appearing too low-end.
- Display accessories in quantities of 2-4 to encourage consumers to interact with product yet still appearing high-end.
- Fixture materials: gold metal, plexi, gold block attachments and base cube.
- Placing a mannequin in from of the rack shows the consumer how different products can be combined to create a total look and serves as inspiration.
- Styling the rack behind it with the same products makes it easy for the consumer to shop.
- Fixture materials: plywood, gold metal.
- Fixture to hold accessories and 1/2 hanging garments on rail.
- Made from plywood to match the rest of the fixtures, create consistency and to stay in-line with the natural material theme of the brand.
- Sturdy construction and depth of 30cm allows stability and no need for additional holding features.
- Multipurpose fixture looks out of place, too wooden and static.
- Redesign it with a more interactive and interesting fixture concept – with more focus on mobility and the agile retail concept.
- New multi-purpose fixture (3 separate pieces) is more flexible with product display and can be altered to be used in smaller spaces by using only 1 or 2 of the units.
- Individual units can be rotated to fit into corners or awkward spaces.
- Removing the back board gives the feeling of more space and prevents the fixture from looking too solid.
- Do not fill all spaces with product to let the fixture ‘breathe’.
- Use rails to display hanging products and add visual interest.
- Old multi-purpose fixture looked too wooden and did not resonate well with the agile nature of the store – replaced with a new multi-purpose fixture.
- Consultation area furniture is too basic, does not inspire or represent the ‘modern woman’ feel of GRACE – replace with more rounded elegant couch and unique modern cubes which can act as chairs or tables with hidden storage.
- Create a more ‘homely’ and welcoming atmosphere with an abstract rug which coincides with the colour scheme.
- Fitting area is too cold and uninviting – add a shaggy, textured rug and replace furniture to match the consultation area for consistency.
- Flower wall is a bit sparse – add more columns of flowers for higher impact.
- Fitting area is lacking interest – add hanging fake flowers and hanging lights to compensate for the flowers blocking out the store lighting.
- Use a net of hanging flowers to give a fuller more dense effect – flexibility of net can be used in different sized spaces.
- Add mirrors for detail and to reflect light.
- Remove plant pot for simplicity and focus to be held on the blossom ceiling.
- Move front left overhead rail slightly to the left to give a more balanced display.
- Add final touches such as mirror in consultation area, inspirational books and iPad on table, POS and add-on sales at till point.
Larger store capacity can hold 11 dress styles in a more spacious environment.
- T-Frame: 2 styles x 8 quantity (4 of each style)
- Styling Rack: 1 style x 5 quantity
- Overhead Shelf Rack: 2 styles x 8 quantity (4 of each style)
Number of fixtures in store:
- T-Frame x 2
- Styling Rack x 3
- Overhead Shelf Rack x 2
Countertops FAQ. (n.d.). Inexpensive Marble Alternatives. Available at: http://countertopsfaq.com/inexpensive-marble-alternatives-cultured-marble-and-engineered-marble-countertops/5 (Accessed 28 April).
Homeguides. (n.d.). Characteristics of Plywood. Available at: http://homeguides.sfgate.com/characteristics-plywood-99494.html (Accessed 29 March 2017).